Yup thats right, I won my fight last night :) A big thanks to my coach and trainer Carlos Alvarez for pushing me to places I didnt think I could go. During training he would ask me which did I want? “To train hard and fight easy? Or train easy and fight hard?” Hard work pays off. I have learned that both in and out of the ring you only are fighting yourself. Well “self” look who won :)
Some motivation for you.
My hands are totally destroyed from boxing an lifting. I swear if a guy were to go and try to hold my hand right now he would probably flinch. Hahaha good thing no one will be holding my hand anytime soon.#boxergirlproblems
Today is my 21st birthday. Not only will I not be participating in the normal drinking to belligerence, but I also am not giving into and tempting treats. With my fight 8 days away I just cant afford to slip up. Im actually quite proud that I can have this much self control when it comes to this, believe me I have not heard the end of it from my friends. But the way I see it, they have not put in the early morning and late nights of endless training, the extreme diet restrictions, and the mental exhaustion of pushing myself to places I didnt think I could go. To me its all worth it and I can reward myself after when my record will be 6-0.
- Coach Carlos: So I was thinking, since its your birthday today we should do something special.
- Me: Wait really?
- Coach Carlos: Yeah how about we run an extra mile.
- Me: ...
- Coach Carlos: ....
- Me: So 6 miles instead of 5.
- Coach Carlos: Thats pretty special if you ask me.
- Me: (To myself) Yeah I bet you wouldnt be saying that if you were running instead of leisurely peddling your bike alongside me.